Pages

Cooking School

>> Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Picky Gourmet learned an important lesson tonight: sometimes you can follow a recipe to a T and it still doesn't work out.

My Sous Chef planned to make me a nice romantic dinner of cedar plank salmon and I offered to make a side dish I've been dying to try; cauliflower puree with caramelized cauliflower garnish.

I started with a recipe I had seen on TV and tweaked it by using purple cauliflower (yea antioxidants!) and adding a splash of half and half and some roasted garlic.

I prepped, I slaved, I photographed and I ended up with purple cauliflower soup. Yuck.

I figured out what I did wrong and I still plan to try this dish... another day. Sometimes we all fall off our culinary high horse and have to start over from scratch. I hope I can help readers of this blog by learning some of the hard (and expensive) lessons for them.

PS Sous Chef's salmon was DELISH and the caramelized cauliflower was tasty too. Pics coming soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

please leave comments or questions!