Pages

Feast minus wheat

>> Monday, October 26, 2009

A few weeks ago I hosted a gluten free canape and cocktail party to test some recipes and demonstrate some of the skills I'm picking up in cooking school. I was still cooking (frying, actually) throughout the night but I had a great time and my guests seemed to enjoy the spread. I don't think anyone would have noticed the lack of gluten had I not shouted from the rooftops that every last dish was GLUTEN FREE! Here is the menu from the magical evening:
Arancini with Spicy Marinara



Bacon Toffee
Otatop Sniks (inside-out potato skins)


Truffled Goat Cheese Deviled Eggs


 Mom Style Strawberries (strawberries with sour cream and brown sugar)


Hummus and Veggies
Mini Frozen Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecakes


Chocowich Cookies


I will post the recipes for each of these items in the next couple of weeks. My photos are not so hot for these recipes; there is only so much multi-tasking a girl can do!

If you're anxious to see any of these recipes ASAP, let me know. I'm planning to re-make most of these dishes so I can get better pics for you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

please leave comments or questions!