Pages

A Special Day

>> Friday, May 7, 2010

Five years ago today, something magical happened. A little baby doggy was born through C-section. A few months later she got on an airplane and flew all the way from Russia to California. For those few months, she was called Mishel. Then one day, I saw this picture:
 and this baby doggy was born to me.
After I saw the picture I went to meet Mishel and I knew right away that she was Violet and she was my baby. She seemed to know this too.
I took her home in a box. She peeked over the edge and kept her eyes on me the whole time.
Once I brought her home, she changed my life. She makes me laugh every single day. She likes Oysters.
She is so cute it makes want to cry and sometimes I do because I am corny like that. This is her after surgery to have a benign tumor removed from her foot.
She loves to soak up the sun and prefers to live a life of lazy leisure but...
Deep down she is a wild country dog. When she visits her great-grandparents sprawling farm in Missouri, she comes alive and bounds through grass that grows two feet above her head. She races around the edges of the lakes and streams, dipping her feet in. She surveys the land and dreams of all the fun she could have out there.
This is her dreaming.
She is my inspiration and my muse and I love her more every single day.
 
Even if she is getting a little white in the whiskers.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY VIOLET BELLE HIPPO III!

3 comments:

Unknown May 7, 2010 at 11:16:00 AM PDT  

What a beautiful tribute and a beautiful little girl! Thanks for sharing Callie, I really enjoyed it!

Christina

Amie May 7, 2010 at 1:42:00 PM PDT  

What an adorable pup! Happy birthday little Violet!

Callie @ The Picky Gourmet May 12, 2010 at 10:04:00 AM PDT  

Awww! Thanks Christina and Amie! I am happy to report that Violet had an awesome birthday replete with treats and toys and love and kisses.

Post a Comment

please leave comments or questions!