Pages

Detox Diet Day Dos

>> Sunday, January 3, 2010


Todays detox took roughly this form:

- wake up: 9:30 (slept in! crazy!)
- Glass of room temp lemon water: 10:00
- Giant mug of herbal tea: 10:40
- Smoothie made with almond milk, frozen mangoes, raspberries and blueberries and protein and greens powder: 11:45
- Coconut Water: 1:00
- Handful of raw almonds: 2:30
- Dinner of Detox Chicken and brown rice: 5:30
- Dessert/Snack of CranPeary Granita

I didn't eat enough today because my schedule was out of whack. I woke up late feeling a little yucky and didn't want my smoothie until late. I basically skipped out on lunch and ate lunch for dinner. I don't recommend this but I wasn't hungry enough to stuff more meals into the day. The chicken recipe was not my fave. You really missed the salt and it was too "chicken-y" for my taste. I just don't like poultry no matter how much I try to convince myself I do. Unless it's fried with some sort of garlicky dipping sauce, count me out. I was, however, craving protein so I tried to eat at least half of one large boneless, skinless breast with a heap of steamed brown rice.

I still don't feel like I have loads of energy. I think going to the gym at some point will help. Some yoga might help kick things into gear.

The highlight of today was my granita. This is a recipe I made a couple of days ago to try out my new ice cream maker (X-mas gift from sous chef!) I would tweak this recipe if I weren't using it for the detox but as it is now, it really hit the spot. Leaving the pulp and cranberry seeds IN and not straining them gives this dish an interesting texture. It's more toothsome than your average sorbet or granita but when you're detoxing, that can be a welcome change.
Here is the recipe:

- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh cranberries
- 2 ripe pears, peeled and cored
- 1/2 cup agave nectar, or to taste
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice (or cranberry or cranberry blend)
- juice of 1/2 of small lime

Chop pears into chunks and put into food processor.

Add cranberries and liquid and blend until completely pureed.

Pour mixture into ice cream maker and turn it on.


Check mixture after 20 minutes. When it's frozen through, transfer to an airtight container and freeze for an additional 2 hours or until it has reached your desired consistency.
Serve!

Adapted from http://blog.fatfreevegan.com

3 comments:

natters January 3, 2010 at 9:35:00 PM PST  

The granita looks delicious. Now I have to find myself an ice cream maker....I find your blog interesting and hope to see how this cleanse turns out for you :P Good luck!

Callie Anne January 3, 2010 at 9:45:00 PM PST  

You can easily make this recipe without an ice cream maker! Just pour the mixture out onto a small baking sheet and put it into the freezer. When you're ready to serve it, scrape it up with a fork and it will flake. Scoop the flakes into a glass or bowl and you're done!

Post a Comment

please leave comments or questions!