Pages

It's Ovah!

>> Saturday, January 9, 2010

I made it! Seven days of clean, healthy eating.


I started this diet to push the reset button on my body. It worked. Instead of craving big heavy meals followed by sugar drenched desserts, I now want healthier, smaller meals. I woke up today knowing I could eat whatever I want...and I wanted oatmeal and blueberries.


I feel so great about the weight I lost and the healthy nutrients I put into my body. I don't want to undo all that good now that I the rules don't apply. My plan moving into 2010 is to eat healthfully during the week and give myself free reign on the weekends. Now that I have some healthy and tasty recipes up my sleeve, I feel prepared to nourish myself without feeling deprived. Now that my body is used to being properly fueled, I need to keep it up so I can have the energy to work out and the mental clarity to achieve my goals and make this my best year yet.

One benefit I haven't mentioned yet is the financial one. I spent about $65 on food for an entire week! That is nuts! I have been eating great and feeling full and satisfied for less than $10 a day. Not bad.

Now, a recipe: JUICE! I love juice almost as much as I hate cleaning my juicer. It's a conundrum.

 This juice gives me huge doses of kale and celery which I do not usually enjoy. My last juice recipe gave me two beets! Juicing really helps me painlessly incorporate the healthiest fresh fruits and veg into my diet. If you have a juicer and don't mind cleaning all 900 parts, give these recipes a try. You'll feel the effects immediately. This is like hulk juice.

Green Juice:

- 1 cup tightly packed kale
- 4 stalks celery
- 2 pears, cut into large pieces
- 1" piece of fresh ginger
- 1 lemon, zest and pith removed (I juiced mine with a citrus squeezer right into the glass)

Juice everything into a glass, being sure to alternate the kale with the other ingredients to help it get through the juicer easily (I follow each small bit of kale with a celery stalk). Give the juice a stir before drinking.  MMMMmmmmm!


2 comments:

Unknown January 25, 2010 at 4:49:00 PM PST  

Hey! I've been wanting to tell you that I think your detox is fantastic. Congrats on making it the entire week! What kind of healthy meals do you make during the week? I'd love to start eating meals that would provide me with more energy throughout the day.

Callie Anne January 25, 2010 at 10:46:00 PM PST  

Thanks so much! My fave healthy foods and meals include lots of veggies and fruits. I've become totally hooked on the detox smoothies (protein powder, greens powder, almond milk and mixed frozen fruit) and oatmeal with toasted pecans and blueberries. I also just found this recipe on another blog and I am LOVING it! http://www.runningwithtweezers.com/runningwithtweezers/2010/01/soba-.html

Post a Comment

please leave comments or questions!